Asset Type configuration when linked to spreadsheet or not linked
- Navigate to the Admin page by clicking the cogwheel icon
- Expand the Set up your asset types section
- Click Add a New Asset Type
- Enter the name of the asset type in the description field
- Set a default depreciation schedule for the asset type (recommended). If you don't wish to set do so, simply leave the settings as they are with the selections set to None.
- Keep in mind the default method and term/rate can always be changed on an asset-by-asset basis.
- Entering default depreciation schedules saves time if consistently using the same method and term/rate for an Asset Type.
- Click Confirm
- Repeat for all Asset Types
To Edit the Asset Type, simply click on the Edit button to be able to change the Description Depreciation Type and Term/Rate.
- Asset Types cannot be deleted if they are already assigned to an asset.
- If changing the description, this changes the description for all existing assets that are assigned to that Asset Type.