How do I add missing assets after month end?
In the instance where you have added new assets after the monthly depreciation journal has posted, and these assets should have been included in the monthly depreciation journal posting, you are still able to post this depreciation after the end of the calendar month.
For example, the January monthly depreciation journal has been posted and, on the 5th February, you enter 10 assets that were purchased in the last week of January. To post the additional depreciation for the month of January, you will need to do the following:
- Add your assets in as needed via the "create new asset" or bulk asset upload process
- Click the cogwheel icon in the sidebar to navigate to the Administration page.
- Click into ‘Set up your accounting rules’.
- Click on the red button with the description ‘Depreciate assets and post journals’. This will force the depreciation to be posted for these assets. We suggest updating all of your assets not included in the monthly depreciation journal, and then selecting this button once to post depreciation.
4. Check the Journal Report to see the journal that was posted.
Please note, we are only able to post depreciation for the previous calendar month.