Additional bulk asset upload tips
Here are some key tips when doing a bulk upload:
- Have your Asset.Guru Asset Types set up prior to doing the upload. How to set up your asset types
- Don't modify or edit the column names of the .csv template
- The only mandatory fields for a depreciating asset are Asset Name, Purchase Price, Purchase Date, Asset Type and Country. If you have already started to depreciate your assets, make sure to enter the Current Value and Current Value Date.
- The additional fields are for asset operational/tracking data like: Vendor Name, Warranty Expiry Dates, Barcodes, etc.
- The Depreciation Term and Rate columns are only needed if you are not wanting to use the defaults that have been set when configuring your Asset Types
- If uploading specific term or rate for an asset, only fill in Term or Rate, not both.
- For Straight Line Depreciation, fill in the Depreciation Term column with the number of years for depreciation. Example: 18 month term, enter 1.5
- For Reducing Balance or Diminishing Value Depreciation, fill in the Depreciation Rate column with the rate that you would like. Example: 20%, enter 20 (not .20)
Please let us know if any questions as we're here to help and realise getting your assets uploaded is the big step to get that register singing :)